It’s amazing what you can do with your eyebrows. Your brows can completely transform your overall look, accentuating your most beautiful features. And with most of our faces covered by masks at the moment, it’s never been more important to use the power of the brows.
At Wilkinson Sword we’ve been helping you to perfect your unique look for over a century, and our Intuition Perfect Finish Eyebrow Shaper is truly revolutionising those minutes spent in front of the mirror. It’s proof of how a little styling can go a long way – you simply need the right tools that are easy to use, convenient and help you style with precision.
With a precision cap for expert shaping, a high-quality blade and micro guards to protect your skin, it’s simple to use for a touch up wherever you are. Along with shaping your eyebrows it gently removes hairs and exfoliates dead skin for a smoother surface to apply your skin care or make up.
Your guide to eyebrow styles
For the last few years, it’s been all about the big brows. The bolder, the better – Cara Delevingne led the way in encouraging us all to go big or go home, and it’s become commonplace to use a pencil for filling in and adding extra definition.
So it may come as a surprise that 2021 is set to be the year of the super-skinny eyebrows. It’s a look that’s been emerging for a while – Rihanna first made headlines a few years back with slimmed-down brows and Bella Hadid has since followed suit. Could this be a fashion trend that lasts well into the decade, just like bushy brows did in the 2010s?
It’s up to you which road you want to go down – there’s still plenty of mileage left in the big brows trend and whichever way you go, the key is to keep them in check. Below you’ll find tips on how to use our eyebrow shaper for your chosen style, but here are some pointers if you’re looking to try out skinny brows in 2021…
- Work sparingly. Pluck the rogue hairs around your eyebrows with tweezers to start with so that you can be more precise, and make sure you maintain the natural line of your brows.
- Don’t make your eyebrows too rounded, too thin or too short, whichever style you’re going for.
- Keep some thickness to your brows by cutting the longest hairs with nail scissors.
- When you’re finished, brush your brows upwards to give them more structure.
- Make sure you take care of them afterwards with a nourishing, unscented cream or moisturiser to avoid irritation.
What is an eyebrow shaper?
Unlike when shaving your legs or other parts of your body, you need a specially designed razor to style your eyebrows. Our Intuition Perfect Finish Eyebrow Shaper has a high quality blade with micro guards to protect your skin and a specially designed curved handle, it makes eyebrow maintenance as straightforward and seamless as possible.
How to use an eyebrow shaper
Whichever style you’re opting for, there are certain things you should always do with an eyebrow shaper to make your styling smoother, safer and more effective. Following the right technique can make all the difference when it comes to this delicate and small area, so take your time and know what you’re looking to achieve – this will help you to get it right every time.
Are eyebrow shapers safe to use?
Our eyebrow shaper is specifically designed for the job with micro-guards to protect your skin. As long as you use it in the correct way, it won’t cause any problems. In fact, using an eyebrow shaper is a painless alternative to plucking or waxing.
Steps to beautiful brows
- Cleanse your skin using your normal skincare routine. Having skin that’s clear of grime and dead cells will help create a smooth motion and leave you with better results.
- Brush your brows upward and outward before you start working on them.
- Define the arch and shape of your brows with a pencil before you start. This will indicate your face shape and the best way to style your eyebrows. Start by placing the pencil vertically against your nose and making a mark, and then align it with the outside of your iris and do the same. Connecting these marks will give you a clear outline.
- Place some moisturising facial oil around your eyebrows to help the eyebrow shaper glide across your skin.
- Pull the skin tight and gently glide the eyebrow shaper downward, in the same direction as the hair growth in order to prevent nicks and cuts on the skin. Attach the precision cover if you’re looking to shape your brows.
- Start with the upper area of your brows, and then go underneath as well as working on the space between your eyebrows. Take it slowly at every step – this will ensure that you can be more precise.
- Brush your brows again now that you’ve finished with them for the final effect.
Generally it takes around six to eight weeks for eyebrow hair to grow back, so make sure you’ve always got a shaper on hand for when you need it.
For more style tips and inspiration visit our Wilkinson Sword blog.